"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic" -Arthur C. Clarke, "Profiles of The Future", 1961 (Clarke's third law)

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Gime a break! Kit Kat Scouting for Girls.

 You know, I really got to think about moving...to the U.K. They're positively hammering the rest of the world, in terms of embracing augmented reality. My latest proof? Kit Kat . No, not the U.S. Kit Kat, oh no. That would be too easy for me to get a hold of. The U.K. Kit Kat has an upcoming promotion featuring ar tagging on it's product that, when played, features a cool little music video by Scouting for Girls, a British pop band.

My opinion? Positively brilliant. Great use of marketing, brand awareness, and "hip-and-now" savvy. Did you know that Kit Kat has been around sine the 1930's? (as Rowntree's Chocolate Crisp )? Now, they've got AR, too.

Those Brits are making me jealous. Maybe we shouldn't have had that Revolution.

Go, and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment