"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic" -Arthur C. Clarke, "Profiles of The Future", 1961 (Clarke's third law)

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Everything is bigger in....Brazil?!?

This is just plain cool. With augmented reality, the size of an object is not restricted by the conventional laws of physics. No worries about mass, gravity, aerodynamics, ect. You can make an object as big (or small) as you like. Want a dragon in the palm of your hand? No problem. Want something a little bigger? We can do that, too. Well, here's a shot, from a helicopter, of Brazil. I have never been to Brazil. I have friends that have. I hear it's nice. Now, thanks to AR, I've seen things that they haven't. Take a look:
Just another beautiful day in Brazil.

But wait! "One of these things is not like the other".  Can you find it? I couldn't.
Yeah, the entire building does not exist. It's augmented.

Don't believe me? I don't blame you. Check this out:


The Fibrasa Connection was recently awarded Guiness World Record status for world's largest augmented reality marker. Viva, Brazil! This is a visualization system for urban planning, helping to visualize the "finished product" before ground is even broken.

source: bdonline.co.uk

Go, and see.



No comments:

Post a Comment