"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic" -Arthur C. Clarke, "Profiles of The Future", 1961 (Clarke's third law)

Monday, July 26, 2010

The One that got away...CATCH.

Got fish?
Recently, the Nova Scotia Seafood Festival came up with an interactive, Augmented Reality promo for their annual expo on local seafood and culinary trends. Their AR contest featured a cute fish avatar that appeared on the user's screen, encouraging participation , and pointing them not only to the event itself, but the event's facebook page. According to the event's youtube video, the AR "instant win" promo helped garner loads of new visitors, and I have no problem believing that. Brand exposure was pervasive, without (imo) being intrusive. I know I'll remember it, and that's the sign of a good ad.Here's the vid from the event:

I never thought I'd think a fish would be 'cute', but there you go.

Go, and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment