"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic" -Arthur C. Clarke, "Profiles of The Future", 1961 (Clarke's third law)

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

MIT=WIN.

Yeah, gotta love the "Home Team" Those crazy kids and their tech development.

Only in the student-culture of a tech campus could you come up with cheap, effective solutions, regardless of how funky it looks. Despite the plethora of wired data glove, the peeps at M.I.T. have done it again, more specifically, Graduate student Robert Wang (at MIT’s Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence Lab (CSAIL) ) has come up with a cheap, easily-implementable, and all-too-Partridge-family-meets-Ringling's look:  Color Gloves:

Okay, they're so funky looking, they are pretty. 

Camera-identified glove(s). "Why didn't I think of that?"

(because I'm not a starving Graduate Student, I guess)

Add a Vuzix Wrap920AR, and 'bingo'.
Yeah. If/when these come to market, I'd *so* get a pair. (but, um, guys, can you make them in grayscale?)
I understand that the color schema is an important part of it all, but I was (ideally) looking for somkething like these theoretical gloves:
 Rendered 'IT Manager' gloves from 2create. drooool.
Go, and see.
Stay Augmented.

No comments:

Post a Comment